Tuesday, March 4, 2008

1967 - The Gittlesons are visiting


I don't remember this visit; why they visited Sacramento but that's the front of the Wilhaggin home.

Front Row: David G, Alan G. Carla G, PM
Back Row: Don, Mim, Charlie, Father, Sandy

All looking healthy and fit, so glad. My father passed away at the age of 80 last April. I've lost track of the Gittlesons. My mother thought they were living in Palm Springs. Two years ago, Dennis and I went there for a tournament and my mom strongly encouraged me to contact them, perhaps they would like to go to a game, they are always fun. I worked hard to find the number. Called and left a message. Called again and got Mim, she said she knew who I was but was distracted and could not talk right then. That was it; I figured they were 80 years old also and had other things on their mind. I did not try any more.

I have my hair going good again, how DID I do that? That kind of ribbed sweater top was called a poor boy sweater. All over the department stores in 1967.

My father always that hair cream sort of curl on the top of his hair, I thought it was permanently there, but clearly not.

My mother must have taken the picture.

No comments: