Tuesday, January 15, 2008

1966 - Ginsburghs on front walk


My grandfather, Harold Ginsburgh
My grandmother, Betty Ginsburgh
My father, Allen Ginsburgh

pose on the front walk of our Wilhaggin house. They are dressed up to go somewhere...or not. My grandmother always had proper wool suits and sensible pumps. She often said that she couldn't see any resemblance between herself and her children and, from these pictures, I can see what she means.

My father is about 40 years old in this picture.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

Years in the future. I was in Junior High or maybe High School. Grandma and Grandpa were visiting and Charlie was there too. We all went to Temple. The congregation's seats were set up on an angle so you could see a profile of a number of people down the row from you if you looked to your side just right.

Grandpa, Father and Charlie were sitting next too each other to my left. Mom was sitting to my left. She poked me and then whispered into my ear:
" Look at them, same nose!"
She was right! No doubing it, they all had the same profile and nose! Three generations with serious looks on their faces.

Mom and I started giggling and all three gave us the same look. Which of course just caused more giggles!