Saturday, January 12, 2008

1966 - Grandpa on front walk


This actually is a cropped and enlarged picture of my grandfather, Harold Ginsburgh in the front walk in front of the Wilhaggin house in 1966. In the next few days, there will be several similar family group pictures. In one of the pictures (not this one) you can see me peeking out of the front window.

I don't know where we were going but my grandfather was dressed as usual in his slacks and jacket and tie. In later years, he would show a more informal dress style by wearing a string tie. He's in his middle 60s here. My father looked like him. As usual, he's full of tight wound energy, he was always concerned that everything should work properly to HIS standards which were high indeed. He tried to go along with the family activities but he let everybody know that not everything was being done as properly as it should be.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

This is how I will always remmeber my Grand Father. Dark pants and tie with a superior air about him. Demanded respect and there was never any doubt that he got it!

When talking he had a serious look in his eye. When he was pleased with us, a special gleam would briefly spark in his eyes.

We got "under foot" but he loved us dearly.