Sunday, January 20, 2008

1966 - Visit to Bea and Dave G


We went to visit Bea and Dave Gittleson in Los Angles. They are the parent of Don Gittleson, friends of my parents. I know they haven't seen them in many years. At the behest of my mom, I called Mim Gittleson, they live in Palm Springs, when I visited there two years ago. My mom thought we should visit. But they are 80 years old also and I couldn't connect and they were not interested. The elder Gittlesons lived in a stucco bungalow on an old-fashioned Los Angeles street (if there is such a thing). Kind of dark and arched with a small yard with tropical plants. I think they were near the Fairfax district. There we are, I think I remember the outfit. It looks like it's warm and we sit out in the yard instead of an air-conditioned interior

1 comment:

azure said...

Mom says-

When you were 3 months old, we had to get out of the house because we were going to Massachusetts to visit grandma and grandpa and pick up our new car. And then after Grandpa had Sandy checked by a Harvard doctor because I was only 10 pounds at 12 weeks, they took us to an airport at midnight. I thought that was a better way for the baby because she would sleep but we ran into the turbulence and she worke up and she screamed the rest of the way.

We visited Bea and Dave that night for dinner before we got on the plane that last night.