Friday, January 18, 2008

1966 - Sandy in bathing suit


This one's got to be semi-famous. One in a series of pictures my father took where he would take FOREVER to snap the picture. You were supposed to hold the pose for a LONG TIME while he turned the mysterious dials of the precious camera. I mean, this was very complicated and you had to be very patient. He would never share what he was doing that was so difficult, that was not for children. And he would get angry if you didn't stay put. However, not everybody cared what he thought and pets and small children wandered away no matter how furious he got. Case in point, we are supposed to be holding the pose but the cocker spaniel is out of here. He's gone, he's no longer interested despite my entreaties to get him to stay.

We have whole series of these pictures.

But there I am, in my 14 year old glory. I remember the suit, it was a bit baggy but it worked. Needless to say, I don't look the same at age 55. My hair's the same color and I still have knobby knees.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

Looking good.

Yes I think that is why Scotchy did not care for pictures. He was usually TOLD to be some place, which for short times was not bad. But he probably had TO STAY, forever while Father fiddled around. He had better things to do! We were his 'pack' and if he decided it was time to leave . . . . he did it!

azure said...

Mom says:

The dog was slinking away. He knew he wasn't supposed to.

Sandy says:

I think Charlie has it right. Film was EXPENSIVE and you couldn't waste the shot