Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1967 Party for the Zwisslers


During this time, the Zwisslers moved to Southern California and my parents threw a big going away part for them. Catered and everything. I remember my mom and I went shopping for the fancy dress that she would wear. At I. Magnins (the swankiest that we knew about) we found this brightly colored top and printed skirt. Kind of gypsy print with a bright orange top. My mom looked fabulous in it and I LOVED it. We were so excited about it and the my father vetoed the whole outfit. Too bright and gaudy. My mom was so mad and so was I. So she returned it and bought a conservative black skirt and this silvered fancy top. Then, at the last moment, Lew Zwissler couldn't be at the party! And it was in his honor! So they displayed him in effigy, I think it was my younger sister's Raggedy Ann doll. This is the biggest party I can remember they ever gave.

Pictured are my mom and Gayle Zwissler. Look how young and slim they are!

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I remember that party. I could not understand why they were hanging up my Raggedy Ann. I felt left out and not happy that I could not understand what all the fun that the adults were having.