Tuesday, November 6, 2007

1963 - Going on an airplane!


We are going on an airplane trip and it's a big deal. Here we are at the old Sacramento Airport. We are all dressed up, my little sister and I have on dresses with our white socks and Mary janes. My brother in his jacket and tie, my mother in her smart suit. You dressed to go on an airplane then, especially to fly all the way across the country. The airport is looking pretty smart itself, everything looking shiny and well-kept, nice garden and that pervasive California light. Within 5 years, the new airport will be built way north of the city and this airport will be mostly for small aircraft.

But in 1963, it was the way out of town. I think we flew from Sacramento to San Francisco and from San Francisco to Boston or Hartford most likely. I don't remember.

No comments: