Wednesday, November 7, 2007

1963 - More trip preparations


Here we are again getting ready to leave on that trip. This is taken in the driveway of the Arden Park home which I just visited in September. The Taylor's house in the background is now being extensively remodeled, they have that whole house down to the studs. Notice the open horizon, hardly any big trees and the period car in the background.

We are all dressed up with our bags to take on the plane. I gotta say, my mom did a good job getting us all dressed up when she felt the occassion demanded it. I don't remember the aqua jacket. I might remember the rainbow striped purse. I was thinking that might be a Barbie case I'm carrying but it looks a little narrow for that.

All the ironing that's involved with that lifestyle....

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awww, you all look so cute! I don't know how moms back then did it all.

azure said...

Doing this project made me realize how important it was to my parents that we always look good. I guess I always knew it. My kids? I usually have one standard...no holes

Gretchen said...

Hahaha! I second that :)