Thursday, November 1, 2007

1963 - At the beach


A shot of the group at the beach. From left to right, Marilyn R, Mary Ann, Pam, Ruth, who's the little boy?, David R. Oh, and Charlie off to the right with the bucket.

Sometime during the visit, David took us on this hilarious walk. We played follow the leader and he did all kinds of madcap wacky things and we did everything he did, make funny noises, go in and out of yards and the water and make funny faces do things with sand and be very very silly. I thought it was the funniest thing I had EVER done in my entire life. I was just entranced that a grownup could be so very crazy and amusing. I never have laughed so hard. Afterwards, my mother asked my brother what he thought, he said he was embarrassed to be following a man in his pajamas. This is 1963 and David had a shirt that matched his bathing suit. Very appropriate beach attire but nine year old Charlie didn't get it.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I remember the story of that follow the leader adventure. I don't remember being a part of it. Most likely, because you went and did all kinds of crazy things, the 'mothers' told me it was a "big kid" thing to do! With Uncle David . . . . . it as a big kid thing to do - to act like a little kid!