Thursday, September 27, 2007

1961 - Crater Lake


After that respite, I will return to the slide collection. Starting with 1962 was rather arbitrary. The slides run from 1961 - 1978. I'm going to return to 1961 and run chronologically from now on.

I will open with a scenic, Crater Lake. I haven't been there for years but I hope it looks the same. In southern Oregon, the lake is in a crater of a giant old volcano.

Not sure if this was the actual first box of slides. Mom and Dad took a few days and drove to Southern Oregon without kids.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

I have seen this picture before. I don't know why if it was really taken in 1961. I just remember it on the big projector screen in our house and "Daddy was really excited and proud of this shot" It really is very nice

azure said...

from Mom:
Father and I took a vacation without the kids and when we went to Crater Lake, we were very impressed about the snow and the reflection in the lake.

That was probably from the visitor center and was very impressed in the winter months, how deep the snow was, sometimes it was like a tunnel