Friday, September 14, 2007

1962 - Unknown dressup occasions




We will finish up 1962 with two unknown dressup occasions in our front yard. In the first Sandy and Charlie are in the front yard with mom, I don't remember my dress and I have no idea how I got my hair to do that as it is so thin and limp but, folks, there's the proof. My mom is wearing maybe some kid-made necklace or belt? Paper flowers? Unknown.

Edit: Just noticed that Pam's eye is patched here. May be why she has turned her head so far to the left on the tricycle.

The second occasion also one features me in a dress I don't remember. But i definitely remember my mom's dress, I think she had it for a long time and I always liked it. Notice she is wearing a splint on her arm. She had some neck problems which presented as problems in her arm (That DEFINITELY sounds familiar) She eventually had successful surgery in San Francisco (before or after 1962?). Interesting that Charlie and Sandy both have neck problems in middle age.

Pictures feature the front yard and the no-touch car. Farewell 1962!

1 comment:

Oreo said...

The top picture looks like fall or early winter with the coat and sweaters. Maybe you were going to Sukkot during Sunday School. Necklce could have been for the hut. The wind has your hair flying I think.

Bottom two look more summer. Great picture of Charlie playing with 'my' tricylcle in the back ground and then me on it for the next shot.