Thursday, September 13, 2007

1962 - Piano duet



Sandy and Patty Shupe on their way to their piano duet performance. This was a big show involving young piano students playing duets in a very large venue (probably the Memorial Auditorium) Many many rows of pianos were set up in rows on the auditorium floor. The children filed in and sat in pairs at the pianos. Then we all played the same duets. My partner Patty and I had somewhat matching pink dresses, I don't know if that was planned or not. This striped freshly ironed ruffled pink dress made me somewhat uncomfortable because the buttons went all of the way down the skirt. Apparently we are both wearing crinoline slips that made the skirts pouf out. White socks and mary janes, natch. Looks like I could make my hair curl. Also features a picture of Charlie and Sandy; I must have been proud of the purse I got to carry.

Another dress up occasion for well-brought up children.

No comments: