Wednesday, September 12, 2007

1962 - No Touch Car


The brand new 1962 Plymouth Belvedere wagon, without even have a front license plate dominates the foreground of the picture. My father dubbed it the 'no touch car' with my brother in mind. Likely unfairly, but maybe not. I think he still suffers the injustice of always being the one accused if something showed up awry.

The appearance of the neighborhood, those neat homes across the street, holds more interest for me. This next weekend, Dennis and I travel to the Bay Area for a memorial and, on Monday, drive to Sacramento for a 'heritage photo session'. I've written the current owner of this home plus the Wilhaggin home asking if I could come back and take 'after' pictures (which I intend to post here). Both called me (Yippee!) and said we could come. We were last in Sacramento in 1995.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

I remember this car only by pictures. I remember some parts of our house on that street but no memory of the homes around it. Lack of eye sight? No I think it wsa lack of interest! I was not very old.

azure said...

Charlie says:

Unfortunately I remember too many things going awry when I was around. When things were in my hands. I remember things in my hand and something happened and it was broken and I had no idea how it happened. Nothing intentional or malicious, it just happened.

Therefore I could not argue too much with the moniker of the 'no touch car', it's still a mystery to me