Thursday, October 4, 2007

1961 - Another day at Disneyland



We must have gone back to Disneyland for a second day. This time Mimi and Carla Gittleson came with us (they are in the picture anyway). Mim was always quite stylish, notice the big hair. We're there bright and early. Charlie is already a bit squirrely. I'm waving for extra effect.

When my mom looked at these pictures a month or so ago, she said 'I still have that purse". And she does, I remember the purse.

In the second picture, Charlie is clearly losing it. Things are not going his way. It may be that Disneyland is just too much for him. Or not enough. I don't look too concerned, as usual, I'm lost in my own scene.

5 comments:

Oreo said...

I seem to believe that that was the time where you got a discount for a two day pass. Tickets were 'A", "B", "C", "D".

Years later, when we lived in LA, I remeber everyone had a stash of extra "A" tickets and various others stored somewhere. Someone had family or friends coming into town? You made available tickets to those that could use them. Always had exta "A" because they were for the real young kids rides. It was cheeper to buy them in packages which always came with too many "A"'s!

Oreo said...

Oh, and by the way, that's not Pam in the picture. I think that is Carla. I never had bangs that straight and I would have had glasses on

azure said...

Right, that's Carla G. You were only 2 years old in 1961

azure said...

We're not sure where Pam was that day. Maybe back at the Gittlesons with Father and Don??? But who took the picture?

azure said...

From mom:

I remember leaving some of the kids back at Gittlesons with a sitter.

I remember leaving Pam behind and we were using paper diapers on the trip and the sitter didn't change her.