Thursday, October 25, 2007

1963 - My grandparent's house


My grandparents Ginsburgh's house in Belmont Mass during a summer trip. I missed it the first time and almost the second time but, if you look closely, there are three children sitting on the front step. You can zoom in on the higher quality picture (this is one of the few times where there is a disadvantage using the smaller picture). We're looking a bit dejected. Why were we sitting on the front porch, had we been thrown out by my grandmother in exasperation? And why was my father across the street taking a picture?

One interesting thing about this house was that there were no fences in the backyards (different than California) so the houses opened up onto a common grassy area. I vaguely remember the much more old-fashioned house that my grandparents lived in previously. In an old neighborhood, two stories, kind of old a mysterious. A gate opening up into a little garden, lots of stairs. This was much more modern, up to date.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I have no memory of this house. I looked at the picture and I don't think that is me with you two. I think I see Charlie and you but the third child looks too big to be me. Could it be MaryAnn? She could have been with us for the day.