Wednesday, October 24, 2007

1961 - Close with Pam and the kitten



This group of pictures closes out 1961. Somehow I feel when I finish the series of slides that I leave it forever. I've experienced 1961 in our family for weeks but, like all things, it's time to move on.

We'll leave with two pictures of two year old Pam wearing the dreaded eye patch. And little else. It must be the summertime. I think the setting was the Zwissler's backyard in Arden Park on Arroyo Grande. They had a detached garage and workshop where there were always cool things hidden. Could be a sawhorse in the background or maybe a built balance beam.

The second picture shows Pam stroking one of the Zwissler kittens. Their two momma cats, Stripes and White Nose (names describe the obvious) regularly turned out batches of kittens. In fact, our cat Misty was one of the Zwissler kittens. Once I got to go over to watch a little of kittens being born in their den. Very very exciting.

Who knows which batch of kittens born in 1961, these were. 46 years ago. The toddler Pam likes them.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

I remember Stipes. She was very "cat" and could not be caught to be pet too often. At least around me, anyway. White nose, was the biggest lump of black fur there ever was. Lazy and very laid back. She would lay any where and anyone could pet her forever. Her White Nose was very vivid because the rest of her was so dark. She didn't DO anything so not much interest after the first 5 seconds of petting.

We got Misty one night when Mom and Dad came home from playing "Bridge" at the "Z's". As I remember the story, that night no mater what hand you played . . . . the prize was a kitten. Dad liked cats and he must of convinced Mom that we could have one. But that was the only cat we ever owned.

azure said...

Charlie said:

The criteria was that he had to be an outdoor coat. We never had indoor cats. Was Father allergic?

I never had cats indoors until I lived with Corliss