Saturday, October 13, 2007

1961 - Pam on the back patio


Two year old Pam with glasses and curly pigtails on the back patio of the Arden Park home. That patio really could be the thick concrete that Dennis W was marveling at. My father built the brick flower boxes with the decorative driftwood collected by my mother.

That building in the distance. I remember it but I was never really sure what it was, some kind of poolhouse. Certainly those people there, they were in some other mysterious universe. I don't think that building is there now.

3 comments:

Oreo said...

Don't remember driftwood being on display. Nice touch . . . . something I would decorate with. I look pretty serious. Maybe dressed up to go some place.

azure said...

I remember we planted two trees in the backyard and one was very sick. Mom said "I think we should show it to the nursery" I meant a twig or a leaf. Next thing I knew he had dug up the whole tree to bring back to the nursery.

Pam says "was the tree sick?"
Mom say " by that time, yes!!"

azure said...

From mom:

That smocked dress I bought at
Fox department store the day that Mary Ann was born. And it went through many kids.