Monday, December 10, 2007

1964 - Little league parade


Charlie and Mikey on the way to the Little League parade. My guess is that they are on different teams. Charlie belongs to the Seals, ergo the sign on side of the car and the blue crepe paper. Mikey has on a black hat, maybe he's on the Mounties (?). I don't quite remember it but likely the car was in the parade.

Of course, no little league for girls then, nobody thought such a thing. I look through my high school yearbook (class of '70), 75 pages of Boy's sports, zero pages of girl's sports. The way it should be as far as anybody knew. But, I would not likely have participated anyway. I was 'uncoordinated' and had my face in a book. But maybe if I and everybody I knew participated in sports from an early age, who knows?

1 comment:

Oreo said...

By the time I got into Junior High girls were playing some sports. I remember I could have played on a Volleyball team or gone out for Track and Field. I was too busy with singing and Gymnastics. Did not do it competitive until High School and then it was on a Guys Team. We just did Floor-X.