Saturday, December 1, 2007

1964 - Sandy at Mormon temple


I think this picture was taken at the opening of the LDS temple in Oakland. For some reason, it was open to the public prior to consecration and, for some reason, my parents felt that this was an unique opportunity that should not be missed. Possibly only I went, likely Charlie was too squirrely. So we went to Oakland and stood in a real long line and went on a tour of this opulent facility. I still have the souvenir book on my shelf somewhere. I could not see the point then of going to see this excess and, now over 40 years later, I still don't. I'm sure they felt that it was an important cultural event.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

I suspect it might have been an assignment from a Social Studies class or possible Sunday School class. If Father was willing to stand in line, it had to be something for EDUCATION.

azure said...

I don't think it was for an assignment. Mom somehow thought that was an important event that we should witness