Sunday, December 2, 2007

1964 - Wilhaggin house


I realize that these slides may be out of order. I know that there are some marked 1965 which show the Arden Park home. In September 1964, my family made a 'step up' and moved to a larger home across Fair Oaks Blvd in the upscale Wilhaggin development. 5 bedrooms and a family room. Only a year old, a spec house that the builder had moved into. Apparently after my parents left in 1970, the house had quite a few residents of short duration and the current owners bought it in the late 1970s. You can see current pictures of this home and the Arden Park home in the azure-turquoise.blogspot.com We visited both these homes in September 2007 as part of the trip attending Dan Beittel's memorial.

The 1962 Belivdere "no touch car" wagon is in the driveway and my mother is dong something (not using a cell phone). The mulberry trees did not last long, they were torn out by subsequent owners.

One of the main reasons they moved was so that my sister and I did not have to share a room. Nice house.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

This is how I remember it. The car says it's when we first moved in but the Junipers and age of tree tells me we have been there a while. Didn't Father put in the dreaded Junipers? Maybe that is family legend. Looks like winter with frost on roof. I think Mom is looking into a compact and putting lip stick on.