Monday, December 3, 2007

1964 - Pam in back yard



Pam started kindergarten about the same time that we moved to the Wilhaggin house. I remember that I had to change schools from Arden to Jonas Salk. I think we had not quite moved yet when school started. Mom took me to the bus stop to wait for the bus to the new school. I remember that harsh California light with those new homes. Nobody was on that corner. I waited by myself for the longest time (I was just starting 7th grade). No bus came. Nobody came. I didn't know what to do so I just waited. Luckily Mom swung back around to make sure I had made it on the bus and I was still dutifully standing there. We had missed the bus and Mom took me to school.

This house was still new, there was a patio and grass but not much else. I think that's a tiny camellia bush thereunder the family room window. The current owner has done a beautiful job with the landscaping. You can see what it looks like now, the later shot was taken standing farther back in the yard but you can see the three posts, the window and the slider.

1 comment:

Oreo said...

I remember going to Kindergaten ment going to a school that you two had not attended. Can't remember if it was scary or if I felt important.

Mom picked me up everyday in the begining and then I took the bus. I seem to remember that I wanted to do it because it was, "the big girl thing to do". Could have been Mom's idea