Monday, August 27, 2007

1962 - Charlie and Sandy in backyard


Similar picture of Charlie and Sandy in the backyard of the Arden Park home. You can see in this picture that Charlie is wearing an official Arden Park Swim Team suit. I remember now that the silky blue suit was long and came down lower on my thighs.

Adapted from AZURE:
The backyard and house looks so familiar to me. It's all as I remember it, the yard, the roses, the garden, the patio, the children in the yard. Yes, it all looks correct. That is, correct 45 years ago in my memory. And some places still are as you remember them last year, ten years ago, twenty years ago.

We went by the Arden Park house 12 years ago, last time we were in Sacramento and we were surprised how upscale the houses and yards looked. Second stories added, trees and landscaping grown and developed. I just looked at the aerial shot of the area on Google Maps. The outline of the home appears to be the same. However you can hardly see the ground in the front or back for all the greenery. A big rectangular swimming pool sits about where the patio and brick flowerboxes were with a big palm tree behind it. The rest of the yard seems to be obscured by trees, not the raw dry rough open lawn area in my memory. I remember that prickly, largely crabgrass lawn hurting my bare feet.

No comments: