Friday, August 24, 2007

1962 - The kids in Gold Country


Prepare for an onslaught of 1962 because I got my slides back.

This photo shows an excustion up into the Gold Country in 1962. Not sure what the statue is, might be the one in Coloma where Marshall is pointing to the place where he discovered gold in 1849. I remember going to that statue quite a bit. I always tried to figure out exactly where he was pointing and was that the real spot?

I think Charlie and I each got to bring a friend, my guess is I got to invite Mary Ann Geller from across the street and Charlie invited Mikey from next door

Left to right

Mom, Pam, Sandy, Mary Ann, Charlie, Mikey

1 comment:

Oreo said...

The bottom of the statue looks familar but I don't remeber going there. I was proably happy just to be with "all you big kids".