Sunday, August 19, 2007

1964 - 861 Los Molinos Dr


The Arden Park house in the 'north area' outside of the Sacramento city limit. I'm dating this 1964 which was the year they moved out but this picture could be much earlier. My family lived in this house from 1955 - 1964. The bedroom with the shutters was my bedroom, the one to the left was Charlie's. I don't remember if you have a bedroom, Pam, maybe you shared with me, which I've conveniently forgotten. No sidewalks, double garage with separate doors to the left. This, and other Arden Park homes which were within reach of one income Aerojet families, are now worth a fortune.

3 comments:

Oreo said...

I have only a handful of memory of that house. I know it mostly though family photo's. The story I was told was one of the many reasons we had to more to Exmore Circle was because YOU DID NOT WANT TO SHARE A ROOM WITH THE BABY. Funny you don't remember that.

I remember thick green lawn, a very large back yard, playing with Scotchy on a back porch, hating the patch on my eye and taking it off during a nap, playing on a brown carpet with a Pink Tonka Truck that had a pink stipped canapy trim which I loved, a kitchen table with a windpw that looked out onto the front yard. I was not vry old when we moved.

sarahrachael said...

Pam was 5 years old, and just starting school. Kindergarten started, and I drove her there.... number 1 mistake! She wanted to go on the bus SO BAD. And then, some years later, a story got out that a little girl got off the wrong place. Pam hid from the bus driver after that.

Grandpa "did" that front brick wall. Between the wall and the house were two gorgouse Camilia bushes; one was a pink-and-white mixture, and one was a beautiful dark pink.

azure said...

The deep pink camelia was called "Lady Clare"