Monday, August 13, 2007

2002 - 102nd birthday


Our mother, Claire with her mother in law, Betty on her 102nd birthday. I could be a year off either way on this. I know it wasn't the 103rd because that was shortly before her death. I was in Rockford and mom made a little birthday party in the afternoon over at skilled nursing at Wesley Willows. Mom had arranged for some cupcakes with some candles and some small wrapped presents. And some cards. My lesson for the day was how much a birthday card can mean....especially the one from Clarinda.

2 comments:

Oreo said...

Determind lady. Very proud and proper. About that time she was talking to me and myx-sister in law. She came through her age-mist and talked to us about the flowers in the garden out the window. She stood from her wheel chair and leaned over the ledge to point and tell us about all the flowers below. It made her remember the flowers she use to see at Harvard. She did not attend the Univestiy. She was working. But walked through campus every evening and look for Harold at a very specific window. He studied there everynight so they could wave at each other as she walked home. She was told NOT to walk that way but she did it anyway so she could see him every night. A deep love between the two. I can still him say "Betty" when unhappy.

azure said...

Great comment, I want this a place for stories